Mobility 101 – The stable spine and mobile hips
Saturday November 11th, 1-4 pm
Earn 3 PMA CECs
Earn 3 PMA CECs and Join Dr.Shaun Weibe-Bailey, a sports medicine chiropractor and experienced yoga instructor for an afternoon workshop addressing the complex mobility and stability requirements of the lumbo-pelvic hip complex.
As Pilates instructors we need to be exacting in our exercise choices, especially when working with special populations. If you have senior clients, clients with low back pain, sciatica, bulging discs, etc., you will greatly benefit from this review of the most common orthopedic complaints of the region.
In this workshop you will learn:
* why restoring the anticipatory response of the deep stabilizers is critical to functional, pain-free movement
* how impairments and pain in one region can affect the entire kinetic chain
* how breathing affects core activation, fascial health, and pain management
* how and why pain and affects muscle activation
* why inflammation is a key component of low back pain and what to do about it
* how to assess each clients’ posture and the key exercise assessments that you can use to determine your exercise plan